Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center Information
7055 N. Kostner Avenue.
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Pool Hotline: 847-673-6870
Resident Pass Sales have begun*. Non-Resident Pass Sales begin April 14
Opening Day is Saturday, June 2
* Lincolnwood residents who are former pass holders can also renew their passes online or in our office. To renew your passes online, log into our online registration system and select Membership Renewal from the Search menu.
|Season Pass Kick Off! The first 25 Lincolnwood residents who stop by the Parks & Rec Office on Tuesday, March 27 from 9 am – 7 pm to purchase a season pass will receive a free aquatic center swimsuit bag. We hope to see you at the kick-off!|
Aquatic Center Features
- Fenced Children’s Area for children seven years and younger, including interactive water toys and a miniature water slide
- Zero-Depth Pool with interactive water toys, water sprayers, and two full-size water slides
- 50 meter x 25 meter “L-shaped” main pool featuring a handicapped entrance, two one-meter diving boards, and one three-meter diving board
- Special events throughout the season
- Group and private swim lessons for all ages
- Lincolnwood Lighting swim team program for youth and teens
- Aquatic Fitness classes for adults
- Concession stand that provides a variety of food and beverage options
- Locker rooms with changing and shower areas
- Party rental areas for small groups
- Special events throughout the summer, fun for the whole family
The Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center is a membership only facility. Village residents and guests of members and residents may pay a walk-in daily fee to enjoy the facility. Residents are welcome to begin registering for passes in-person and online in March. Non-resident memberships are only sold online in the spring. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, every pool member must review and abide by the Aquatic Center Rules.
- Returning members with a 2017 photo ID will not have to retake a photo; your pass will be reactivated when your registration is processed
- If you are a new member this year, every family member on the pass is required to come in for a photo ID
- In-person pass sales are available for Lincolnwood residents at the Parks and Recreation office in Village Hall M-F from 9am-5pm. We will also be open late, until 7 pm, each Tuesday in May for extended pass processing and pickup
- Have questions? Call the Parks and Recreation office at 847-677-9740
Aquatic Center Membership
Beginning January 2, 2018 Lincolnwood Residents can complete the membership form found in the summer 2018 brochure, register in our office, or renew their registration online. Non-resident memberships will be sold (online only) beginning Saturday, April 14, 2018 until they are sold out.
In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, every pool member must review and abide by the Aquatic Center Rules. For family memberships, the parent/guardian must sign and agree to inform all family members of the rules.
Beginning January 2, 2018, Lincolnwood residents can purchase passes at the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department in Village Hall Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm or fill out the 2018 Aquatic Center Membership Registration Forms and fax to 847-673-4413 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds will not be granted after opening day of the season.
Renewing Membership Passes Online
Please note: Residents who purchased a pool pass last year can renew their 2018 passes online. To do so, go to our online registration page and from the Search menu, select Membership Renewal. Click the top Renew check box and all of the members in your family who had a pass last year will be automatically selected. Click Proceed to Checkout and then enter your payment information. Click Continue to process your payment and print your receipt. Once you have renewed your pass, your 2016 pool pass will be activated and can be used to enter the pool.
If your primary residence is in the Village of Lincolnwood, you will receive the resident rate. We require proof of residency when you register, which involves one of the following documents: driver’s license, state ID, mortgage, title or lease agreement. If sharing a lease agreement, a second form of ID with the Lincolnwood address is required.
Resident Season Passes
|Before 5/7||After 5/7|
|Senior (age 55+)||$68||$75|
|Family of 2||$132||$147|
|Family of 3||$160||$178|
|Family of 4||$183||$203|
|Family of 5||$212||$236|
|Family of 6||$229||$254|
|Family of 7||$240||$267|
Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center is a membership only facility. To enter the facility, non-residents must either purchase season passes or pay the non-resident daily rate as a guest of a Lincolnwood resident or pass holder.
Non-Resident Season Passes
|Senior (age 55+)||$238|
|Family of 2||$523|
|Family of 3||$611|
|Family of 4||$678|
|Family of 5||$737|
|Family of 6||$831|
|Family of 7||$889|
Non-Resident Daily Admission (Ages 3 yrs & up)
Please Note: Non-residents who are not pool members are not permitted to purchase daily admission unless they are accompanied by a resident or pool pass holder. The daily admission fees for non-residents are listed below:
Corporate/Business Aquatic Center Membership Passes
Employees of businesses within the Village of Lincolnwood are eligible for reduced rates by verifying proof of employment with company I.D. and a letter from a supervisor verifying employment, a recent paycheck stub, or a current Lincolnwood business license. Please call the Parks and Recreation Department to learn more about the pass fees and how to register!
Aquatic Fitness Programs
The Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center offers a variety of adult fitness classes. We have so many great offerings available for you this summer, including private swim lessons, pre- and post-natal aqua fitness and so many others.
Group and Private Swim Lessons
Our mission is to provide a well-organized swim program for all of our participants to learn and excel throughout the course of the summer. Trained staff will be in the water with your child from Level I to Level V. Private swim lessons may be the key to improving specific problems in swimming skills. Private lessons provide individualized attention from experienced instructors. All lessons are scheduled through the Swim Lesson Coordinator. This is a limited program. A wait list will be started after the maximum number of students has been reached.
Aquatic Center Birthday Parties & Rentals
No matter what your age, you’ll have fun racing down the water slide, jumping off the diving boards or just relaxing in the sun! Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation provides an area that can accommodate 25 guests for up to three hours to stage your party. You bring the cake, and we’ll provide the fun! For party reservations and availability, please contact the Parks and Recreation office at (847) 677-9740.
We have packages that include food and packages where you bring your own packaged bulk food. There are three zones to choose from that are located near the concession stand. You bring the cake and we’ll provide the fun! To book your party at the pool, you must be a Lincolnwood resident or Aquatic Center pass holder. Please reserve early. For party reservations and available times, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (847) 677-9740. The entire aquatic center is also available for private rental by pass holders and residents. Contact us for more information and pricing for Aquatic Center birthday parties and private rental.
Pool Closing Information
Several criteria are taken into account when determining whether the aquatic center can open for public swimming. When the weather changes, we do our best to stay on top of the forecast and maximize the amount of open pool time. Depending on what time inclement weather takes place and the forecasted weather conditions, staff will reevaluate the closure and attempt to reopen at 4:00 pm. Refunds will not be issued for facility closures.
Weather related closures will be communicated through the Aquatic Center phone’s automated message (847-673-6870) or the Aquatic Center’s flag system. In questionable weather, a flag is raised in front of the pool:
- ORANGE FLAG: The facility is currently open, but may close due to poor weather or low attendance
- RED FLAG: The facility is closed
The following conditions will result in an Aquatic Center closure:
- Inclement Weather –
- Temperature under 68 degrees
- Severe weather, including heavy rain, which can impact visibility in the pool
- Lightning or thunder, which can create hazardous conditions
- Low attendance – Fewer than 25 patrons over a 30-minute timeframe
- Safety Hazards – Any other condition that creates an unsafe swimming environment
- Swim Meets
- The Main pool will be closed at 3:00 pm until closing time on June 20 & July 11 for swim meets.
- Post-Season Hours
- At the end of the summer, when School District #219’s students return to school, the pool’s post-season schedule goes into effect.
Summer Employment at the Aquatic Center
The Village hires over 130 local teens and adults to operate the facility each summer (mid-May through early-September). Hiring begins in December for a variety of seasonal positions, including lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, aquatic fitness instructors, front desk attendants, concession stand attendants, maintenance and janitorial staff, facility managers, and more. Visit the employment opportunities page to see available positions, sign up to become an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard during spring break, or contact us at email@example.com to learn more.