Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club (LLSC)
The Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club (LLSC) is open to swimmers age five years and older. The majority of the team is between the ages of five and 18. The program combines excellent training and instruction in competitive swimming with weekly meets to monitor progress.
Jim Schick, Head Coach for Lincolnwood Lightning, brings with him a wealth of knowledge about the sport. Jim was a former collegiate swimmer and has been involved in coaching various age groups. He has coached YMCA, high school and college swimmers for over 25 years, and he has been with Lincolnwood for 16 years. Jim’s program emphasizes instruction on proper swimming techniques, starts, turns and relay exchanges while introducing some of the older age group swimmers to conditioning training. For more information, please visit the LLSC website or contact Jim Schick.
- NO REFUNDS are issued for swim team.
- New swimmers must also register for the Stroke Clinic. Register online for Stroke Clinic
- Fees include team suit, team cap, team T-shirt, transportation to selected meets, participation in dual meets and awards for meets. More about Lincolnwood Lightning gear.
- Swimmers are expected to make a minimum number of practices a week to be eligible for meets. View the practice schedule | View the meet schedule
- For the latest Lincolnwood Lightning information, always check the Lincolnwood Lightning website (lwlightning.org)
- Register online for Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club
- Register online for Stroke Clinic (required for new swim team members)
- You may also register in person at the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Office (6900 N. Lincoln Ave.) M-F from 9am-5pm