The Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club (LLSC) and training camp is a competitive swim program for ages 6 through 18. This twelve-week summer program begins May 19th will provide fun and challenging training for all levels from Novice to Advanced Competitive at our 50-meter long course facility! Training ranges from four hours (Novice) to twelve hours (Advanced and High School) weekly with additional Inter-squad and Northern Illinois Swim Conference meets.
Lincolnwood Lightning is not a learn-to-swim program and all new Novice and returning Novice members must be able to swim at least 25 meters unassisted in deep water and complete a one hour group tryout practice.
Coach Lance Grossman
The team is staffed by experienced USA Swimming certified coaches and assistants. Many of our coaches and assistants have been involved with Lincolnwood Lightning for several years. The team is led by Head Coach Lance Grossman.
Head Coach Lance has coached swimming for over twenty-five years at club and high school levels and has assisted the Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Club for fifteen years. He has also been an assistant for the Lane Tech High School's Girls' Swim Team over the last eight years. While serving as Interim Head Coach last year, the team won their ninth city title in ten years and ranked twentieth in Illinois. Coach Lance has also served as the Head Coach at Iguanas Swim Club for the last eleven years and recently retired from Chicago Fire Department.
Pre-Registration Meeting & Information
There is a mandatory parent/guardian informational meeting via Zoom on MAY 5th at 6 pm.
- No refunds are issued for swim team after the start of the season
- The first step for new members to join the team is to register on http://www.lwswim.org our swim team communication and info site! New members that have been on a year-round competitive team should email Coach Lance email@example.com to see if the tryout can be waived.
- All participants not currently on a year-round competitive swim teams must attend a tryout practice:
- 6 to 10 year olds: May 20th at 4:45PM (arrive by 4:30PM)
- 11 to 18 year olds: May 20th at 5:45PM (arrive by 5:30PM)
- Mandatory new swimmer zoon meeting: May 5th at 7:00PM
- Practices are scheduled to begin for returning members May 16; please double check the swim team website prior to attending for weather and pool updates
- Fees include meets, training, a team cap and t-shirt. Optional gear is available at the Lincolnwood Lightning website.
- Payment: once the swimmer is approved by coaching staff, then the family will receive a link with the requested payment info.
- The practice schedule and explanation of practice groups are available at the Lincolnwood Lightning website.
- For the latest Lincolnwood Lightning information, always check the Lincolnwood Lightning website, or email Coach Lance.
|Fee Type||First Child||Second Child||Each Additional Child|
Competitive Swimming Practice Groups
- Level 1: Novice. These swimmers can swim at least 25 meters in deep water unassisted, have a strong flutter kick technique and some rotary breathing skills. Level one swimmers will refine their Freestyle and Backstrokes, learn the Breaststroke, Butterfly, racing starts and turns while swimming up to a mile or more in late-season practices.
- Level 2: Developing. These swimmers have at least two years of competitive swim team experience and will refine techniques and competitive skills with a much greater conditioning component. This group will start with training sessions of at least 2,000 meters in an hour.
- Level 3: High School/Advanced. This will be challenging training geared for swimmers age twelve and up that have at least four years competitive experience. These swimmers are training for high school teams or are swimming at regional and state age group levels. Sessions will include swimming over 4,000 meters during 1.5 hour practices.
Schedule of Practices
Pre-Season: May 16 through June 5
|Level 1||4:30 -5:30 PM||4:30 -5:30 PM||4:30 -5:30 PM|
|Level 2||5:30 - 6:30 PM||4:30 -5:30 PM||5:30 - 6:30 PM||7:30 - 9:00 AM|
|Level 3||4:30 - 6:30 PM||4:30 - 6:30 PM||4:30 - 6:30 PM||7:30 - 9:00 AM|
* Friday May 20, 2022 is new swimmers tryouts only. No practice on Memorial Day, May 30, 2022.
Main Season Start Date: June 6
|Level 1||5:00 - 6:15 PM**||8:00 - 9:00 AM||5:00 - 6:15 PM**||5:00 - 6:15 PM**|
|Level 2||5:00 - 6:15 PM**||8:00 - 9:00 AM||5:00 - 6:15 PM**||7:30 - 9:00 AM||5:00 - 6:15 PM**|
|Level 3||7:00 - 9:00 AM||7:00 - 9:00 AM||7:00 - 9:00 AM||7:00 - 9:00 AM|
|7:00 - 9:00 AM||7:30 - 9:00 AM|
** Diving well and pool
Season practice schedules can be found at the Lincolnwood Lightning Swim Team website.