The Village of Lincolnwood’s Boil Order is NO LONGER IN EFFECT. Water samples have been confirmed to be free of coliform bacteria by a certified laboratory. You may return to normal use of your water service.
Though the boil order was precautionary in nature, the Village recommends following the steps below to ensure safe water consumption:
- Flush building water lines by allowing both the hot and cold water to run for several minutes at each fixture. Hot water should be run longer to purge the hot water heater and cycle in new fresh water
- Clean faucet screens by removing them from the fixture and boiling them in water
- Dispose of ice cubes made from tap water
- Replace water filters on sinks and refrigerators
- Purge water using appliances such as refrigerator water dispensers, coffee machines, icemakers (continue replacing ice for 24 hours as water remains in the line as the ice forms), etc.
- Run an empty sanitize or bleach cycle on dishwashers
As a result of the drop in water pressure, residents and businesses may experience temporary water discoloration. The discoloration consists of harmless silt and precipitates, which may also clog some older lines with a larger amount of silt build up. The discoloration does not affect the safety of the water. If you experience discoloration, clear the pipes in your home by running all water faucets.
Please contact Public Works at (847) 675-0888 if you have any questions or need further information.