The Village of Lincolnwood is continuously monitoring COVID-19 and is implementing changing its business operations in order to protect public health and to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
Mayor Barry Bass stated, “The Village is taking every measure to ensure the highest level is taken to maintain services essential to the community. Safety to the public and employees are top priorities.”
Non-Essential Public Meetings Cancellation
The Village has cancelled non-essential public meetings over the next two weeks. Included in the cancellations are the following meetings: March 13, 2020, at 8:30 am: Long Range Planning Committee; March 18, 2020, at 8:00 am: Economic Development Commission; March 24, 2020, at 8:00 am: Committee on Ordinances, Rules and Buildings (CORB); and March 26, 2020, at 7:00 pm: Traffic Commission.
These cancellations do not include the Finance Committee meeting scheduled for March 17, 2020, at 8:30 am, the Committee of the Whole Meeting scheduled for March 18 at 6:00 pm or the Village Board Meeting scheduled for March 18, 2020, at 7:30 pm. The Community Center and Fire Department will also be open as polling places on March 17, 2020, due to the election, but no in-person Village services will be available.
Parks and Recreation Events and Program Suspension
As of the end of today, March 13, 2020, All Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation programs have been suspended until further notice. This includes programs held at the Lincolnwood Community Center, District 74 facilities, and off-site outings. Programs impacted include:
- Club Kid After School Program (beginning Monday, March 16)
- Spring Break Camp March 23-27
- Juzz Dance, Music Together, Peace Yoga, Zumba + Toning, Drop-In Senior Exercise, E-Town Tennis, Parent’s Night Out, and DIY Wednesdays.
- All Social Club events
- The March 20 Family Pasta Night, April 4 Egg Hunt, and April 26 Bike the Path events
- Youth Athletics at Todd and Rutledge Halls (beginning Monday, March 16)
- Friday Night Open Gym at Lincoln Hall (beginning Monday, March 16)
Community Center rentals are NOT impacted at this time. Renters are asked to use their best discretion in continuing events. Refunds will be given to those who cancel their rentals and the administrative fee will be waived.
Closure of Access to Certain Municipal Buildings
Out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the safety of Lincolnwood residents and staff in response to COVID-19, the Village will be closing municipal buildings to the public starting March 16, 2020 for at least two weeks, at which time the Village will reassess as more information on COVID-19 becomes available. Building access closures include Village Hall, Fire Station/Community Development located at 6900 N. Lincoln Avenue and Public Works located at 7001 N. Lawndale Avenue. The Police Department will continue to remain open for public service. As indicated, the Community Center is available for private use. Village staff will continue to report to work and provide quality service to the community.
Online services are available to residents to pay bills at www.lincolnwoodil.org/resident-services/payonline, including water bills, vehicle licenses and local citations. Residents are also able to submit service requests at www.lincolnwoodil.org/service-requests or by downloading the Lincolnwood app in the App Store or Google Play.
Building Inspections, Permits, and Code Enforcement
Building inspections will continue as normally scheduled. When scheduling an appointment, staff will ask questions related to the presence of workers who have recently either been diagnosed with a strain of the flu, or who have exhibited flu-like symptoms. Proper precautions will be taken by the Building Inspector when interacting with contractors and property owners on-site.
The Village will continue to receive and process building permit applications. Materials less than 11 x 17 in size are encouraged to be submitted in electronic format. For applications in hard copy format, an “inbox” and “outgoing permits” box will be provided near the entrance to the Community Development Department building. Payment instructions will be provided when a permit is picked up using the “outgoing permits” box.
Code enforcement staff will continue to monitor the Village, but will not conduct any interior inspections. Staff will maintain the recommended safe distance from others when interacting in the field. Any possible life safety or public health situations that require interior inspections will be addressed by the Building Inspector with the proper precautions taken.
Village Contact Information
Village staff will be available during normal business hours at the phone numbers listed below.
- Police Non-Emergency (847) 673-2167
- Fire Non-Emergency (847) 673-1545
- Village Hall (Open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) (847) 673-1540
- Community Development (Open 8:00 am – 4:00 pm) (847) 673-7402
- Parks and Recreation (Open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) (847) 677-9740
- Public Works (Open 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) (847) 675-0888
The Village will continue to reassess conditions and provide updates to the community on facilities and public meetings. Please continue to check the Village website, sign up for E-news at www.lincolnwoodil.org/getlincolnwoodlocal, and follow the Village on Social media channels for future updates.
These decisions were made based upon guidance from the CDC and the Illinois Department of Health, which recommends limiting in-person interactions to prevent exposure and spread of COVID-19. As always, the Village’s top priority is to promote the health and safety of our residents, employees and community.
- The full press release can be found here.
- For more information on COVID-19 from the CDC, Illinois Department of Health, and the Cook County Department of Health, please visit our website here.
- For important information regarding building permits, inspections, and planning and zoning applications due to the COVID-19 municipal closures, click here.
- For more information about COVID-19 and the Village’s response, please visit www.lincolnwoodil.org/coronavirus/.