Lincolnwood to Host Recycling Event on Saturday, August 14
On Saturday, August 14, 2021, the Village of Lincolnwood will host an Electronics and Document Destruction Recycling Event at the Public Works Yard, 7001 Lawndale Avenue, from 9 a.m. to noon. Residents from Lincolnwood and other SWANCC communities are eligible to participate. Materials will not be accepted from non-SWANCC residents, businesses, schools, or institutions. IDs will be checked for verification of residency.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle at all times.
- Residents will unlock/open the trunk from inside the vehicle to allow staff to unload the items.
- If a resident has both electronics and paper, keep each type of materials separate in the back of the vehicle – don’t mix electronics with paper! Boxes will be returned to the resident.
Please remove electronics from plastic packaging and boxes prior to bringing to a SWANCC event.
Cable Receivers, Cell Phones, Computer Monitors, Computers (Desktop, Notebook, Tablet), Converter Boxes, Desktop Fax Machines and Printers, Keyboards, Mice, MP3 Players, Portable Digital Assistants (PDAs), Satellite Receivers, Scanners, Televisions, Video Game Consoles, Video Recorders/Players, and Zip Drives.L
Residents will be limited to six (6) file-sized boxes or paper bags of sensitive documents containing personal information, such as medical history forms, bank statements, personal files, and retired tax forms. Paper documents will be shredded on site, recycled at a paper mill, and made into new paper products. It is important to follow directions below to NOT contaminate this material stream!
How to Prepare Paper
- DON’T bring paper in plastic bags. Use paper bags or small boxes.
- DON’T include photos, slides, negatives, books, store receipts.
- DON’T include expired plastic credit cards or check cases.
- DON’T include anything that is NOT paper.
- REMOVE all plastic spines/covers/binders and metal clips from documents, small staples ok.
- RECYCLE your magazines, junk mail, and newspapers in curbside cart.