Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center Information
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- The Resident season pass registration site opens and sales begin at 9:00 am on Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Non-Resident online pass registration site opens and sales begin at 9:00 am Saturday, April 10, 2021
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Plans for summer 2021 are well underway! Additional safety protocols and processes will be in place to ensure safe access during the COVID-19 pandemic. Examples of these processes and guidelines currently anticipated include:
- Timeslot reservation system for pass holders (no charge), residents without a pass (visit fee), and guests of pass holders and residents (visit fee) due to lower facility capacity limits
- Timeslots will be available for reservations seven days in advance of the anticipated visit date
- Timeslots will be two to three hours in length (schedule will be posted soon)
- Reservations will be made online through RecTrac, the Parks and Recreation Department’s registration system
- 30-60 minute gaps between timeslots to allow for full facility cleaning between groups
- Temperature and/or wellness checks at the gate
- Mask requirements in certain areas of the facility (not required while swimming, traveling between a deck chair and the pool, or while sitting and eating in the concession area)
- Shifts in typical program (swim lessons, swim team, fitness classes) times to ensure time for cleaning between activities and timeslots
- Limited ability for swim team, swim lesson, or event spectators to be in the facility due to capacity limits
The upcoming summer at the aquatic center will be a unique experience and we will work to ensure a smooth transition through ongoing updates and communication through our website and emails to pass holders. The Parks & Recreation team is striving to ensure recreational swim time is accessible to community members, within safety guidelines and while taking into consideration the possibility of our region moving into more strict or loosened guidelines at any time during the season. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we navigate this summer season together.
ABOUT THE AQUATIC CENTER
The Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center is a membership-only facility. Village residents and guests of members/residents may pay a walk-in daily fee to enjoy the facility. Residents are welcome to register for season passes in-person and online.
7055 N. Kostner Avenue.
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Pool Hotline: 847-673-6870
AQUATIC CENTER FEATURES
- Kiddie Pool for children seven years and younger, including interactive water toys and a miniature water slide
- Zero-Depth Activity Pool with interactive water toys, water sprayers, and two full-size water slides
- 50 meter x 25 meter “L-shaped” competition pool featuring a handicapped entrance, two one-meter diving boards, and one three-meter diving board
- Group and private swim lessons for all ages
- Lincolnwood Lighting swim team program for youth and teens
- Aquatic Fitness classes for adults
- Concession stand that provides a variety of food and beverage options
- Party rental areas for small groups
- Special events throughout the summer, fun for the whole family
HOW TO PURCHASE A SEASON PASS
Resident Pass Renewal:
Lincolnwood residents who are former pass holders can renew their passes online or in our office. To renew your passes online, log into our online registration system and select Membership Renewal from the Search menu. Click the top Renew check box and all of the members in your family who had a pass last year will be automatically selected. Click Proceed to Checkout and then enter your payment information. Click Continue to process your payment and print your receipt. Once you have renewed your pass, your 2021 pool pass will be activated and can be used to enter the pool. All residents will re-take photos and receive a newly printed pass this year. Passes can be printed in the Parks and Recreation office or at the Aquatic Center.
**If your primary residence is in the Village of Lincolnwood, you will receive the resident rate. We require proof of residency when you register, which involves one of the following documents: driver’s license, state ID, mortgage, title or lease agreement. If sharing a lease agreement, a second form of ID with the Lincolnwood address is required.
New Resident / Non-Resident Pass Registrations:
Lincolnwood residents and non-residents can purchase passes at the Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department in Village Hall Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm (and until 7pm each Tuesday in May) or fill out the Aquatic Center Membership Registration Form and read and sign the Aquatic Center Rules. Additional COVID-19 waivers may need to be reviewed and signed upon registration. For family memberships, the parent/guardian must sign and agree to inform all family members of the rules. Drop off completed forms at the Parks and Recreation office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Non-Resident Registration Site
- Refunds will not be granted after opening day of the season.
- If you are a new member this year, every family member on the pass is required to come in for a photo ID
Resident Season Pass Rates
|Family of 2||$153|
|Family of 3||$183|
|Family of 4||$213|
|Family of 5||$243|
|Family of 6||$273|
|Family of 7||$303|
|Each Add’l. (Over 7 People)||$30|
|Senior (Age 55+)||$77|
|Senior Couple (Age 55+)||$127|
Resident Daily Admission Rates (Ages 2+)
*Proof of residency is required at the gate.
|Admission Type||Daily Fee|
|Twilight (after 6pm)||$8|
Non-Resident InformationNon-Resident Registration Site
Non-Resident Season Pass Rates
|Family of 2||$421|
|Family of 3||$503|
|Family of 4||$586|
|Family of 5||$668|
|Family of 6||$751|
|Family of 7||$833|
|Each Add’l. (Over 7 People)||$83|
|Senior (Age 55+)||$212|
|Senior Couple (Age 55+)||$349|
Non-Resident Daily Admission Rates (Ages 2+)
*Non-residents who are not pool pass holders are not able to purchase daily admission unless accompanied by a resident or pool pass holder.
|Admission Type||Daily Fee|
|Twilight (after 6pm)||$16|
AQUATIC CENTER SCHEDULE
|BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Lincolnwood’s Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center will be opening Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 29-31 11am-7p.
AQUATIC CENTER: ADULT FITNESS PROGRAMS
The Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center typically offers aqua fitness classes for adults. Please check back for updates on available classes in May 2021.
AQUATIC CENTER: LINCOLNWOOD SWIM ACADEMY
Swim safely this summer! Swimming is an important life and safety skill. The Lincolnwood Swim Academy team is committed to teaching this important skill in an enjoyable environment, with safety and positive reinforcement at the core of our program.
Our program is rooted in American Red Cross swimming philosophies. Each student’s skills are assessed at the beginning of the season, and children are placed in a level with success and quick progression in mind.
During class, students build upon skills that are fundamental to developing a lifelong love of swimming. Upon completion of each session, students are evaluated and receive an achievement card showing their progress.
This program features:
- New and improved level structure
- Simplified registration and level selection process
- Pre-lesson swim assessments
AQUATIC CENTER: BIRTHDAY PARTIES & RENTALS
No matter what your age, you’ll have fun racing down the water slide, jumping off the diving boards or just relaxing in the sun! Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation provides two options to host your party. You bring the cake and we’ll provide the fun! For party reservations and availability, please contact the Parks and Recreation office at 847-677-9740.
FULL POOL RENTALS
Are you interested in renting the entire Proesel Park Family Aquatic Center? Whether it’s a family reunion, graduation, birthday, or just for fun, come celebrate at
our facility! Full pool rentals are available on Sunday evenings in 2021. Rentals may last from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, and can host up to 1,200 guests.
Full Pool Rental Rates
Pass Holder: $350 per hour (Weeknights) & $360 per hour (Weekends)
Non-Pass Holder: $400 per hour & $410 per hour (Weekends)
POOL CLOSING INFORMATION
Several criteria are taken into account when determining whether the aquatic center can open for public swimming. When the weather changes, we do our best to stay on top of the forecast and maximize the amount of open pool time. Depending on what time inclement weather takes place and the forecasted weather conditions, staff will reevaluate the closure and attempt to reopen for the next timeslot.
Weather related closures will be communicated through the Aquatic Center phone’s automated message (847-673-6870) or the Aquatic Center’s flag system. In questionable weather, a flag is raised in front of the pool:
|ORANGE FLAG||The facility is currently open, but may close due to poor weather or low attendance.|
|RED FLAG||The facility is closed.|
The following conditions will result in an Aquatic Center closure:
|Inclement Weather||The facility is currently open, but may close due to poor weather or low attendance.|
|Low Attendance||When there are fewer than 25 patrons over a 60-minute time frame.|
|Low Temperature||When the temperature is 65 degrees or lower.|
|Safety Hazard||Any condition that creates an unsafe swimming environment.|
|Swim Meets||The Main pool will close early (at 3:00 pm) for swim meets on dates TBD.|
|Post-Season Hours||Post-season hours take effect at the end of the summer when many of our lifeguards return to school.|
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT AT THE AQUATIC CENTER
The Village hires over 130 local teens and adults to operate the facility each summer (mid-May through early-September). Hiring begins in December for a variety of seasonal positions, including lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, aquatic fitness instructors, front desk attendants, concession stand attendants, maintenance and janitorial staff, facility managers, and more. Visit the employment opportunities page to see available positions or contact us at email@example.com to learn more.