Welcome to the Village President’s web page on the Village of Lincolnwood website. On this web page, I will share updates and information about the Village of Lincolnwood. As always, if you are interested in learning more about what is detailed on this page or have questions for me, please call (847) 745-4717 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My fellow residents,
As the fall begins in full earnest, I want to provide you with some information on recent events in our community:
- On Friday, September 11, the Village held a memorial for those who lost their lives that day in 2001. We have tremendous first responders here in Lincolnwood represented by the North Shore’s finest Police and Fire Departments. But we also have the opportunity to emulate what we saw 19 years ago by private citizens who stepped up for strangers because it was the right thing to do. In Lincolnwood, we should learn from this heroism and take care of each other in our trying times because that’s the true meaning of community.
- On September 13, our Parks and Recreation Department held their first-ever Trucks on Tour event in place of the annual Touch-A-Truck event. Thank you to all the residents who showed up to cheer on our small fleet of vehicles that toured through town.
- Our Parks and Recreation Department created multiple events to celebrate Halloween safely. Science experiments were abound in our Mad Scientist program, our Trick-or-Treat to go program was a hit, and artists and non-artists enjoyed decorating pumpkins at our Pumpkin Picassos event.
With the winter quickly approaching, there are several exciting developments and upcoming events in Lincolnwood:
- Registration for the Virtual Lincolnwood Turkey Trot 5K, 10K, and fitness walk is well underway! Join over 300 of your neighbors in this community tradition. This year’s event is also dog friendly! When registering, racers have the option to purchase a custom Turkey Trot dog bandana for their canine family member and will receive a doggy goody bag during packet pick-up. Registration is limited; sign up through Runsignup.com soon to ensure your spot in this exciting event.
- Don’t forget to sign up to donate blood at this year’s Larry Froman Memorial Blood Drive on December 17, 2020, in the Community Center. There is an urgent need for blood at this time as donations have dropped due to COVID-19. Your blood will also be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Remember, every blood donation
- The District 1860 project located at the former site of the Purple Hotel is moving forward. The Village and Tucker Development continue to work together in preparing this iconic site for its future prosperity. It is anticipated that a groundbreaking ceremony will commence later this year, with full-on construction commencing by the end of 2020. Please visit our website for updates on this project.
- The Village is working with land-use consultant Houseal Lavigne Associates on a plan for improvements in our Northeast Industrial District TIF area, including the Lincolnwood Town Center. I am excited about the many ideas they have that hopefully inspire new developments in Lincolnwood.
This has been a challenging year for us all with many obstacles, but I am confident we will all come through this stronger together. The Village has been proactive in reducing our expenditures to help adjust for the revenue losses caused by the pandemic. There are hopeful signs within the Village, and we are fortunate for our business community and the many residents that continue to support it. It is just a matter of time until we are able to return to normal. For now, stay hopeful and continue to social distance and wear your mask.