Welcome to the Village President’s web page on the Village of Lincolnwood website. On this web page I will share updates and information about the Village of Lincolnwood. As always, if you are interested in learning more about what is detailed on this page or have questions for me, please call (847) 745-4717 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe during these uncertain times. Village of Lincolnwood staff in coordination with myself and the Board have been working diligently since February to ensure that services to our residents continue unhindered.
What have we done?
- Since March 16, 2020, Village Hall has been closed to the public to protect both residents and Village employees, including the cancellation of many parks and recreation programs and non-essential public meetings. On March
19, I issued a Declaration of Emergency, allowing for emergency operation plans, staffing protocols, purchasing procedures, and the closure of Village playgrounds. With the Declaration of Emergency, our Police, Fire, and Public Works Departments implemented new staffing and operational protocols to limit potential COVID-19 exposure and maintain operational continuity for our first responders. These actions ensure that our residents can count on having safe drinking water, emergency medical services, and a reliable police presence. In addition, our Community Development Department has continued to provide permitting and inspection services safely with new operational protocols. This Declaration of Emergency has been extended at each of our Village Board meetings since its initial approval. More information will be forthcoming as to the reopening schedule of Village buildings.
- On April 21, 2020, in lockstep with Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order requiring face coverings, I issued a supplemental order for individuals in Lincolnwood to wear a face-covering when working or patronizing essential businesses and operations, engaging in essential activities or riding in public transportation.
How will we move forward?
- As soon as it is safe to do so, municipal buildings will reopen to provide services to residents, as will our recreational facilities and programming. Staff are currently working on implementing procedures that align with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Illinois Department of Health, and the Governor’s Office. Information on programs and municipal building closures/openings is available on our website and updated almost daily at www.lincolnwoodil.org/our-community/coronavirus. Residents are also encouraged to sign up for our bi-weekly e-newsletter, Lincolnwood Local, at www.lincolnwoodil.org/getlincolnwoodlocal.
- Many of our capital improvement projects that began prior to the pandemic are still on track for completion or completed, including the Water Transmission Main and North Shore Outfall Sewer projects. Similarly, our local businesses, such as Zeigler and Loeber Motors, are working to continue their commercial projects. More information on both can be found on the Public Works and Business Connections pages.
What you can do at home?
- You and your family are an important part of helping limit the number of COVID-19 cases in our community. Please be mindful if you must leave your home to maintain a 6-foot separation from others and to wear a mask when shopping, picking up food from one of our many local restaurants, interacting with others when working, riding in public transportation or taxis/ride share vehicles, visiting a doctor, or when feeling ill.
- On a brighter note, let’s join together in celebrating the accomplishments of all of our graduates this year. Congratulations to the class of 2020 from the many schools are students attend, including Lincoln Hall, Niles West, Niles North, Loyola Academy, Ari Crown, Ida Crown, Fasman Yeshiva, Hillel Torah, MCC Academy, in addition to all our recent college graudates. Also for those who celebrate, Happy Ramadan, which took place last month.
It takes all of us to help keep our community healthy.