Welcme to the Village President’s web page on the Village of Lincolnwood website. On this web page I will share updates and information about the Village of Lincolnwood. As always, if you are interested in learning more about what is detailed on this page or have questions for me, please call (847) 745-4717 or email me at email@example.com.
As the spring ends and summer begins, I want to provide you with some information on recent events in our community:
- Following June’s Boil Order, I want to take this moment to encourage residents to ensure their contact information in the Village’s emergency notification system is accurate. The system will allow residents to receive communications via email, voice and text. Sign up here https://lincolnwood.bbcportal.com/Entry.
- This past Memorial Day the Village recognized and honored those who have served our country in the annual Memorial Day Ceremony. Thank you to all who made the event possible.
- We’re gearing up for another successful summer season for our Parks and Recreation Department. As with other years, the Village provides countless options for residents and visitors through our Day Camp, Aquatic Center, Summer Concert Series, and programming events. Thank you to our Parks and Recreation Department and all of the seasonal staff members that make this season possible.
- Lincolnwood plans to again participate in the National Night Out on August 6 in the Proesel Park Shelter. This community-building event was hosted by the Lincolnwood Police and Fire Departments to bring the residents in to meet and greet our first responders.
- The Village of Lincolnwood’s Bench Donation Program is a wonderful way to recognize a special person or event in your life through a lasting gift to your community. Bench donations provide places for rest and relaxation, allowing everyone to enjoy the beauty of Lincolnwood’s bike paths and parks. Benches may be purchased for a cost of $1,500 and personalized with a bronze plaque. For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (847) 677-9740 or visit www.recreation.lwd.org.
- We were able to honor the student achievers at our June 4 Village Board meeting. Annually the Village recognizes certain high school age students from Lincolnwood who have qualified for the designation of 2019 Illinois State Scholars. We wish those students and all recent graduates from our community the best of luck as they graduate from high school.
- Congratulations to this year’s Madeleine Grant Winner Richard “Rick” Hoffman who has been pillar in the development of Lincolnwood’s softball program. Thank you to Rick for his years of volunteerism to the Village.At the June 18 Village Board meeting, we recorgnized Rosamin Bhanpuri as the 2019 Human Relations Commission Person of the Year. Congratulations to Rosamin for receiving this honor!
- With warmer weather comes an increase in mosquitoes. The Village is a member of the North Shore Mosquito Abatement District (NSMAD), however, the risk of West Nile Virus is ever present. Please take precautions this summer to protect members in your household. Help combat an increase in mosquito populations by reporting standing water to NSMAD at https://www.nsmad.com/fight-the-bite/.
- After two years in office as your Mayor, my economic development goals have exceeded expectations. I have collaborated with the Tucker Development Group and have enjoyed moving the District 1860 development project forward. A progressive marketing strategy will help this site regain the iconic status of the former purple Hyatt Hotel and establish an elevated standard for commercial property co-mingled with residential living. Our growth economically as a Village will continue to be a priority to maintain a high quality of life for residents.
- This July, Walmart will be opening its first ever curbside pick-up store in the nation and we are fortunate to have this located here in Lincolnwood. Please stay tuned for special events related to their grand opening of this one of a kind location for groceries and more.
Please have a great summer and continue to enjoy the outstanding facilities that our Parks and Recreation Department offers.