Welcome to the Village President’s web page on the Village of Lincolnwood website. On this web page I will share updates and information about the Village of Lincolnwood. As always, if you are interested in learning more about what is detailed on this page or have questions for me, please call (847) 745-4717 or email me at email@example.com.
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah, and wish you all a happy healthy New Year. The winter is upon us and as the New Year begins I want to share with you some accomplishments from the past year and what we can look forward to in 2020:
- The 43rd Annual Turkey Trot was held on November 24, 2019. Thank you again to the more than 1,900 runners and participants for the event and the dozens of volunteers and staff who made the event possible. Staff is already hard at work planning for next year’s event on November 22, 2020.
- The Parks and Recreation Department brought in the holidays with events including the Breakfast with Santa, Holiday Treasure Hunt, and Lincolnwood Lights event. It was my pleasure to participate in the lighting festival with Pastor Florin Cimpean. We were honored to kick off the Holiday season with a large turnout from the community.
- An event dear to my heart is the Annual Lincolnwood Police Department Fraternal Order of Police
Holiday Dinner. It is an honor to meet family and friends of active and retired Police and staff that dedicate so much to the residents of our Village.
- Thank you to the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago Commissioner Josina Morita for kick-starting the construction process of the New Porsche of Lincolnwood buildings.
- The Village continued its partnership with the Niles Township and neighboring communities to promote Food Pantry Awareness Month this past December to help those facing challenges, especially during the holiday season. The Niles Township Food Pantry provides over 100,000 pounds of food a month to 1,800 households within our greater community. While the Food Awareness month has passed, donations are welcome throughout the year and we look forward to continuing our commitment to the Township’s efforts in helping our neighbors. To learn more, please visit www.nilestownshipgov.com/food-pantry-donations/.
- Thank you to State Representative Mark Kalish, who hosted an informative, fair tax seminar at the
Lincolnwood Library with presenter Daniel Harris, Director from the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Congratulations to residents Dorin and Agnes Candea for winning the 2019 Lincolnwood in Bloom Contest. This annual contest sponsored by the Beautification Commission gives residents a chance to show off their hard work all while helping maintain a beautiful aesthetic in our community.
With the New Year beginning, we have a lot to look forward to in the Village including:
- The District 1860 project continues to move forward after extensive coordination between Tucker Development, the Trustees and myself, as well as Village staff. We can look forward to the early spring ground breaking and a completed development in 2021.