The Police Department would like to remind residents that they should take pre-emptive measures to keep their vehicles safe including:
- Whenever leaving your vehicle parked outside, make sure that you keep the vehicle locked.
- Do not keep any valuable items in the vehicle (especially in plain sight to anyone who walks by the car). These are just free things for a potential thief to steal.
- Do not keep FOBs in the vehicle that will allow criminals to steal the vehicle.
- Do not leave the vehicle running and unattended, even if it is just for a couple of minutes.
- Leave porch lights and other exterior lights on to deter criminal activity.
If you see suspicious activity, please contact 9-1-1 immediately. To learn more about these tips, please contact Randy Rathmell, Police Lieutenant, at (847) 673-2167.