The Governor of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Health announced that the Village of Lincolnwood, along with the rest of Region are moving to Tier 1 Mitigations as of January 23. This change to Tier 1 is due to a decrease in the positivity rate to between 6.5% and 8% for three consecutive days ICU bed availability greater or equal to 20% with no sustained increase in COVID patients in hospital.
The movement to Tier 1 Mitigations allow for expanded operations for bars and restaurants and bars can have indoor service limited to the lesser of 25 guests or 25% of capacity per room. This means restaurants can open under the State’s guidelines with the following mitigations:
- All bars and restaurants close at 11 pm and may reopen no earlier than 6 am the following day.
- Indoor service limited to the lesser of 25 guests or 25% capacity per room.
- Establishments offering indoor service must serve food.
- Indoor service reservations limited to 2-hour maximum duration and maximum 4 persons per party (dining only with members of the same household recommended).
- All bar and restaurant patrons should be seated at tables.
- No ordering, seating, or congregating at bar (bar stools should be removed).
- Tables should be 6 feet apart.
- No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting.
- No dancing or standing indoors.
- Reservations required for each party.
- No seating of multiple parties at one table.
- Includes private clubs and country clubs
Meetings, social gatherings and events are also allowed:
- Limit to lesser of 25 guests or 25% of overall room capacity both indoors and outdoors.
- Applicable to professional, cultural and social group gatherings.
- Not applicable to students participating in-person classroom learning, or sports.
- This does not reduce the overall facility capacity dictated by general Phase 4 business guidance such as office, personal care, retail, etc.
- No party buses.
Complete guidance for bars and restaurants can be found here.