Lincolnwood, IL – The Village of Lincolnwood approved a fourth amendment to the Agreement with Groot Recycling and Waste Services, Inc. for residential waste and recycling collection. The amendment serves as an extension on the Village’s current agreement with Groot, who has served Lincolnwood residents since 1994.
The amendment with Groot takes effect September 1, 2019, and allows for a two year freeze of the current rates for refuse paid by the Village while maintaining the same level of services for residents, including:
- Curbside collection on Mondays
- Unlimited collection, i.e. residents are able to place multiple refuse toters out for routine collection
- One bulk item may be placed out at the curb per week
- The yard waste collection will continue with the same schedule, frequency and structure
- Electronics recycling is available for residents with a separate fee
While maintaining these services for the community, the Village and Groot are excited to announce an expansion of recycling opportunities. Starting September 1, 2019, residents may request to switch their current recycling toter to a larger 95 gallon container. To schedule a switch in your recycling container, please contact the Village at (847) 675-0888. Please note after the initial switch is made for recycling containers, a $25 fee applies for all subsequent changes in recycling toter sizes.