Updated on 7.21.2021
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources and Updates
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) is responsible for coordinating the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out in our area. CCDPH will follow guidelines outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) to vaccinate over 2.5 million residents in Cook County as quickly and efficiently as possible. The County’s overall strategy includes working with partners to ensure equitable access to the COVID-19 vaccine. The Village continues to be in communication with County officials about the vaccination roll-out and will continue to update the community with new information. Below are several resources for more information on the vaccination.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH)
Vaccination Program Updates
Cook County Government, Cook County Health, and Cook County Department of Public Health are offering COVID-19 vaccinations to those living or working in Cook County. The distribution of COVID-19 vaccination will be done in a phased approach as vaccine supply is available and using guidance from local, state, and national public health authorities.
The Cook County Vaccination website, linked here, allows residents to sign up for COVID-19 updates and information to schedule an appointment when administration expands to their phase. Providing all the information requested will ensure proper notification as the program expands. Please frequently visit the website to access the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and the vaccine distribution program. Cook County also offers a vaccine sign-up hotline at (833) 308-1988.
In addition, the state of Illinois has launched its own COVID-19 vaccination website. The site will provide eligible residents with nearby vaccination sites, information on how to make an appointment to receive the vaccine, updates on the state’s plan and eligibility, and answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
IDPH COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Data
The IDPH website receives vaccination reports from providers. To see the current vaccination data and find out more information, please click here.
As the Coronavirus is now a global pandemic, Lincolnwood personnel are in communication with the Cook County Health Department and the Illinois Department of Public Health, in addition to area partner agencies, to prepare for the possibility of our area becoming affected. The Village is monitoring developments and working in coordination to share resources.
There are steps individuals can take to help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread.
- Get Vaccinated
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth) with unwashed hands
- Stay at home if you feel ill and contact a doctor
- Wear a face covering when visiting essential businesses, if you are not fully vaccinated
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean frequently-touched surfaces and objects regularly
Latest News from the Village of Lincolnwood:
- July 20, 2021: Village’s Emergency Declaration Expires
- May 24, 2021: Niles Township Government Social Service Department Services Offered
- May 20, 2021: Supplemental Order Regarding Face Coverings Made Pursuant to Declaration of Emergency
- April 30, 2021: Cook County Department of Public Health Officials Announce Phase 4 Reopening Guidance in Suburban Cook County
- February 4, 2021: Supplemental Order Facilitating the Operation of COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Facilities
- January 25, 2021: COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program
- January 23, 2021: Lincolnwood Moves to Tier 1 Mitigations
- January 19, 2021: Supplemental Order Extending Outdoor Dining and Signage Provisions
- January 5, 2021: Lincolnwood Develops Vaccination Update Page
- December 4, 2020: A Letter from Mayor Bass to County and State Leaders regarding COVID-19 Regulations
- November 19, 2020: Supplemental Order Encouraging the use of Face Coverings while in Public Parks
- November 10, 2020: COVID-19 Testing Site at the Lincolnwood Town Center
- October 26, 2020: State Public Health Officials Announce COVID-19 Resurgence Mitigations to Take Effect on October 28
- October 9, 2020: Cook County COVID-19 Mortgage Assistance Program
- August 31, 2020: New Guidelines for Face-Coverings at Restaurants
- August 26, 2020: Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
- August 11, 2020: Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- June 29, 2020: Lincolnwood’s Playgrounds are Open for Play
- June 26, 2020: Grand Re-Opening of the Lincolnwood Business Community
- June 24, 2020: Business Guidelines for Phase 4
- June 19, 2020: Temporary Outdoor Advertising Guidelines
- June 17, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Extended
- June 15, 2020: Determination Regarding In-Person Village Board Meetings
- June 12, 2020: Village Hall Reopening Schedule
- June 5, 2020: Extension of Billing and Licensing Periods
- June 4, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Extended
- June 3, 2020: Parks and Recreation Department COVID-19 Update
- May 29, 2020: Approval of Temporary Outdoor Dining Areas
- May 21, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Extended
- May 15, 2020: Postponement and Cancellation of Upcoming Community Events due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 5, 2020: Face Coverings Required
- May 4, 2020: Guidance on the Use of Masks or Face Coverings
- April 24, 2020: The Village of Lincolnwood Issues Orders Regarding Compliance with the Governor’s Stay at Home Order and the Requiring of Face Coverings
- April 22, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Extended
- April 21, 2020: The Lincolnwood Way, Know your Neighbor
- April 15, 2020: Mayor Bass Issues Recommendation on the Usage of Face Coverings for Residents and Essential Businesses
- April 8, 2020: Village COVID-19 FAQs
- April 8, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Extended
- April 7, 2020: Maintain Social Distancing on our Trails
- April 3, 2020: Cook County Department of Public Health Data
- March 30, 2020: Business Resources During COVID-19
- March 29, 2020: Message from Mayor Barry Bass Regarding COVID-19
- March 26, 2020: COVID-19 Executive Order No.5 and Guidance for Food Service Operations
- March 20, 2020: Governor Issues Order to Stay Home
- March 20, 2020: Support your Local Restaurants
- March 19, 2020: Declaration of Emergency Issued
- March 19, 2020: Playground Closures Due to COVID-19
- March 18, 2020: The Lincolnwood Way, Be a Good Neighbor
- March 17, 2020: Lincolnwood Police Announce Temporary Change in Service Protocols Due to COVID-19
- March 13, 2020: COVID -19 Preparations and Plans. This press release contains information regarding municipal closures, online services, cancellation of public meetings, and building and permitting adjustments.
- March 12, 2020: Parks and Recreation Closures and Cancellations
- March 3, 2020: Coronavirus: Precautionary Measures
Emergency Declaration Information
On Tuesday, July 20, 2021 the Village’s Emergency Declaration expired.
Resources for Information and Updates
- Centers for Disease Control — Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Illinois Department of Public Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Cook County Department of Public Health – Coronavirus
- World Health Organization — Coronavirus
- Homeland Security, Ready.gov — Pandemic
The Illinois Novel Coronavirus Hotline is (800) 889-3931 and is available 24-hours a day. E-mails can be sent to email@example.com.
Tips for calling 9-1-1 to Protect the Community and First Responders from COVID-19
Protecting the community and our paramedics and firefighters are paramount during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our 9-1-1 dispatchers will be asking the following questions of any caller requesting a service that requires face-to-face contact.
- Does the patient or anyone on the scene have a fever, cough, or trouble breathing?
- Has the patient traveled outside the United States or had close contact with someone who recently traveled outside the United States and was Sick?
- Has anyone been exposed to an individual known to have or suspected of having COVID-19?
- Has anyone on-scene tested positive for COVID-19?
We are asking our residents to review these questions with everyone in their household now. Knowing the answers ahead of an emergency will make it easier to recall should the need arise. Please respond honestly to the questions, as they help our first responders take appropriate actions and wear proper personal protective equipment to avoid exposure when they respond. Keeping our EMS/Fire personnel healthy will help us keep the Village of Lincolnwood safe!
Following, are specific links to COVID-19 related webpages for local utilities. These web pages include information on programs that are offered if you are in need of assistance with your bills during this time.
Travelers should consult the U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories page to determine alert levels by country.
Information for Businesses & Employers
The Village has been updating a web page with business resources. This page has information about local, state, and federal resources and can be found here.
The information on this page is adapted from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cook County Department of Health, and the Illinois Department of Health. Please contact your healthcare provider with questions about symptoms of COVID-19 or if you require medical advice for yourself or your family.