Please note that effective 12:01 a.m. on Monday, June 22, Pace will end their temporary suspension of fare collection and return to front door boarding only. Riders will be required to pay fares on all Pace bus routes, On-Demand services, Dial-a-Rides, and ADA Paratransit services. To support efforts to continue to schedule single-passenger ADA Paratransit trips as ridership allows, Pace will waive fares on City of Chicago Taxi Access Program (TAP) trips until further notice.
All service suspensions remain in effect. Pace will monitor demand and be prepared to reintroduce services as resources allow, and people return to work and regular activities.
Pace will continue to:
- Prioritize the safety of our passengers and personnel
- Deep clean and sanitize vehicles daily
- Clean high touch surfaces throughout the day
- Provide operators with PPE
- Limit seating where possible to encourage social distancing
- Keep indoor spaces closed
- Limit on board passengers and add extra vehicles to routes as we are able
- Temporarily waive TAP fares
Please do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus):
- Wear a facemask on Pace buses (per Executive Order 2020-32)
- Wash your hands, cover your cough, don’t touch your face, and stay home if you are sick!
- Give operators and other riders space; board and take your seat promptly
- Reconsider unnecessary travel
- Use your Ventra Card to pay fares and limit crowding at the front of the bus
- Check if service is running regularly on your route
- Ride with a personal care attendant if you need physical assistance
- Please exit through the rear door whenever possible
As the situation develops, Pace’s response may change. Passengers should sign up for email alerts about the services they use at PaceBus.com. More information about Pace’s response to COVID-19 is available at PaceBus.com/Health. To read Pace’s full press release, please visit their website by clicking here.