Select Page

Pratt Avenue Resurfacing Project

Location: Pratt Avenue between Lockwood Avenue and Crawford Avenue – MAP

Start of Construction: September 26, 2016

Estimated Completion of Construction: November 11, 2016

Contractor: J. A. Johnson Paving

Project Description: The contractor will grind 1 ½ to 2 inches of the surface layer of asphalt on Pratt Avenue and replace it with a new asphalt surface course. In addition, the contractor will be bringing pedestrian crosswalks and corners into compliance with requirements set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The roadway will remain open throughout construction with only temporary lane closures.

Estimated Construction Cost: $840,000

Funding Source: The Village has received a Surface Transportation Program grant for this project, which covers 70% of the construction costs; the remaining 30% will be paid for using funds collected through the Village’s share of the State motor fuel tax.

Project Updates: Update (November 16, 2016) – The contractor has now substantially completed the project. Two layers of new asphalt have been laid, pedestrian crosswalks have been built to meet ADA standards and a new parking lane has been striped on the street. The only work that still remains are minor punch list items.

Update (October 27, 2016) – The contractor has completed the pavement removal throughout the project area and has installed the first layer of new asphalt between Crawford Avenue and Cicero Avenue. The photo below shows the pavement removal as it was underway just east of Cicero Avenue.


Update (October 19, 2016) – The contractor has completed the installation of curb and sidewalk on the south side of Pratt Avenue and is now starting work on the north side of the street. It is anticipated that next week, the contractor will begin to remove the pavement surface. During this time, there will be rolling lane closures, but the roadway will remain open to traffic.

Update (September 30, 2016) – The contractor is scheduled to begin saw cutting concrete curbs and sidewalk sections on Saturday, October 1. Upon completion of this work, they will begin removing and replacing the deteriorated sections of concrete.

Update (September 26, 2016) – The contractor, J. A. Johnson Paving is scheduled to begin work this week and will start with saw cutting concrete curbs and sidewalk sections that are marked for replacement. Upon completion of this project, all of the crosswalks along Pratt Avenue between Lockwood and Crawford Avenues will meet ADA accessibility requirements.

Update (September 12, 2016)-  The contractor is scheduled to begin work on Monday, September 26, 2016. Click here to view a notification letter regarding the project.

Update (September 9, 2016) – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) has awarded a contract to J. A. Johnson Paving for construction of the Pratt Avenue resurfacing project. Johnson Paving has indicated that they expect to start construction on Monday, September 26 and expects to be complete by mid-November.

Update (April 1, 2016) – The Village’s engineering firm, Christopher B. Burke Engineering Ltd. (CBBEL), is working to complete the design of the improvements.

Village of Lincolnwood
Translate »