Budget & Plans
The Finance Department provides general management oversight of all financial transactions of the Village. Specific responsibilities include:
- Accounting and financial reporting of Village resources
- Business licenses
- Capital asset accountability
- Cash (treasury) management
- Cash disbursements and accounts payable
- Cash receipts
- Debt management
- Employee benefit and retirement matters
- Financial budgeting and forecasting
- General ledger
- Grant(s) management
- Insurance and risk management
- Parking ticket violation collection and set-up court dates
- Payroll and personnel matters
- Police Pension Fund accounting
- Utility billing
- Vehicle license registration and sale
The Finance Department works with the Village's Departments to create several reports and information on the financial condition of the government.
Each year, Village staff develops a budget, which is then reviewed and adopted by the Village Board. This budget is a planning document that directs project management and dictates where monies will be spent. The Village’s budget year runs from May 1 through April 30.
View the most recent budgets.
Budget in Brief
The Budget in Brief summarizes the Fiscal Year 2023 Budget for May 1, 2022 to April 30, 2023, which was approved by the Village Board on April 19, 2022. Municipal budgets are lengthy and complex documents, so the Budget in Brief is inteded to make it easier to learn about the Village’s budget, programs, and services while presenting an accurate depiction of how resources are deployed.
View the Village's inaugural Budget in Brief.
Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
In addition to publishing an annual budget, the Village also releases an Annual Comprehensive Financial Report. This report is required by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and provides an overview of the financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles.